BLUE-KOTE will cure to a tough protective plastic film, which can be easily peeled off by hand when no longer required. BLUE-KOTE is a water based liquid coating that can be applied by airless spray, conventional air spray (may require thinning with water), or by brush or roller. Clean up BLUE-KOTE as you would with other water based paints. Clean up with water.
Primary used to protect fibreglass parts and moulds. Protects boat decks, hulls, hull liners, tubs, showers, plastic parts and most non-porous surfaces from paint, plaster, sealants, resins, polyurethane foam and abrasives during construction, storage, assembly, transportation and repair. BLUE-KOTE has been used to protect the following surfaces: Gel coat, Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Glass, Aluminum and Stainless Steel. BLUE-KOTE is not recommended for coating raw mild steel
Light blue viscous liquid when wet, translucent blue film when cured
(Sq. Ft/mil of dry film/gal.) 540, Weight (pounds per gallon) 9.0, Storage Life (In closed container) 6 Mo. @ 80degrees F, Minimum film forming temperature 50degrees F. Recommended dry film thickness-6 to 8 mils, weight 10lb
Products are furnished in carton of 4-1 gallon pails, in 5-gallon plastic pails, and 55-gallon drums. 330 gallon disposable containers also available
AIRLESS SPRAY APPLCATION:
NOTE: this product has been formulated to provide optimum coat coverage without running or sagging on vertical surfaces with airless spray equipment.
Airless spray equipment capable of generating a fluid pressure of 2000-2500 pounds. Select the tip size suitable for your application and equipment capabilities. Adjust the fluid pressure to achieve proper atomization and spray pattern
BRUSH AND ROLLER APPLICATION
Brush or poll on as heavy a coat as possible moving in one direction and allow to dry. A Second coat may be required. Apply the second coat perpendicular to the first to obtain a strong, uniform film.
- DO NOT allow product to freeze. Frozen product cannot be rejuvenated and will not function properly.
- DO NOT apply to surfaces other than those specifically noted prior to thoroughly testing.
- DO NOT apply the coating too thin. This will result in a weak discontinuous film, which will be difficult to remove and offer no protection.
- DO NOT apply this product in the rain, moisture or freezing temperatures before it can fully cure.
- WARNING! CONTAINS MODIFIED ACRYLIC LATEX AND AMMONIA. DO NOT ALLOW TO FREEZE! KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
BK-1: Blue-Kote single gallon
BK-2: Blue-Kote two gallon
BK-5: Blue-Kote 5 gallon case